GOD BLAST YOU - SL Event at the Dathuil Gallery Sun 23 Feb 12 pm

inworld landmark url: Dathuil Gallery
Music provided by Pointbreak


Please join us to welcome Marina Munter and her show "God Blast You" @ Dathuil Gallery of art.

In Marina's words:

"GOD BLAST YOU is my 6th solo installation in Second Life, made specially for Dathuil. I wanted to keep the structure of the building and embrace its context and history.

I've been told to avoid talking politics. It is not appealing, it doesn't sell. People are in SL to have fun!

OMG Marina!!!

Funny thing is, the madness is on a worldwide scale. The times I approach anything related to politics, what I hear the most is "oh, but here in [insert country] is the same or worst". And still it is not debated! We live in weird internet times in which fake news are the rule. I see people with PhD sharing links and writing a long text with their thoughts about it and when you open it, it is clear they didn't read the content. Oh dear, wouldn't it be awesome if we could engage on a discussion without having to rely on unreliable media? Wait a minute...

All of us have our reasons to be in SL, but I feel like in general it is common sense that we come to reinvent ourselves in here. The name of this virtual world already suggests it. Second Life. But aren't we, after all, humans with distinct cultures and backgrounds that end up confront each other? Can we really pretend to be something or someone we are not? Doesn't the world continue around us? I am a high believer that we don't have to blind ourselves to serious subjects just in order to live in the fantasy. In fact, I don't think we can be truly in peace living on a delusion.

My idea is to remain bringing questions, instigating the thought through the gaze, the perception."

For more of his work please visit: https://flickr.com/photos/muntermarina/

Comments